A place in which I record the humorous things said by my favorite tiny humans. Life in 4th grade is my favorite adventure.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

mr robot-o

during math today, we were grading our times tests as a class. i had the answer key up on the screen, and as i recited the times table, the kids recited the answer.
we were about half way done with correcting it, when we get to 8 x 6
the class in unison belts out 48
...
except for one kid.
he yells out 14.

 ...
so we all paused, and i clarified that 8 x 6 is in fact 48, and we get ready to move on,
but he stops me and says "sorry miss ward. my tongue is tired and we sound like robots."

oh the excuses you get in the 4th grade...
seriously crack me up.

2 comments:

  1. that is classic! once, during a game of kickball, a kid (also, a 4th grader) told me he couldn't run anymore because his legs were angry. i love the way their brains work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha.....
    we sound like robots??!?!?!

    ReplyDelete