A place in which I record the humorous things said by my favorite tiny humans. Life in 4th grade is my favorite adventure.

Friday, July 13, 2012

now i know how to scare them off...

One of my student's mom was in charge of a Zumbathon to raise money for breast cancer research.
I was invited, and was actually really excited about it. 
So that Saturday, I grabbed a friend, and we showed up in our workout clothes ready to Zumba away.
A few more of my students were there, and were so excited when I walked in the door.
About an hour in the Zumba madness, one of them walks up to me and says:

"Miss Ward! I am so so so really really really excited you are here! But.... I am feeling a little uncomfortable since you aren't wearing, like a suit thing"

Me: "A suit thing? Have I ever worn a suit thing?"

student: "No, but, you know... like pants and stuff?"

Me: "pretty sure I am wearing pants now..."

student: "ugh, you just don't get it!"

Me: "No, I get it. You aren't used to me being all sweaty and gross..."

student: "Well, I wasn't going to say anything....but ya."

then runs off faster than the speed of light.

I will also have you know, she complemented my outfit 4 different times the following monday. oh geez....

1 comment: