A place in which I record the humorous things said by my favorite tiny humans. Life in 4th grade is my favorite adventure.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

duck and cover

During a discussion on Emergency Preparedness, and evacuation drill procedures, we were practicing an earthquake drill.

You know, the crawl-under-your-desk-in-the-fetal-position drill?

For some reason, 4th graders find this extremely hilarious. Especially because after I make sure all the students are accounted for, I have to then crawl under my desk while the principal comes and checks on each class.

Much laughter was happening while I was checking the room making sure everyone was in place,   when a student says:

"Miss Ward is so awesome, she doesn't need to crawl under a desk to survive"

another student yells back:
"whatever guys, if there was a fire or earthquake, Miss Ward would definitely die with us"

finally, after a long delay, a final student yells back:
"Guys, have a little maturity!"

No comments:

Post a Comment