A place in which I record the humorous things said by my favorite tiny humans. Life in 4th grade is my favorite adventure.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

mmmm mmm good

During rotations this week I have been teaching some basic music fundamentals to all the 4th graders. The first day I had my class and we were discussing music instrument families. We learned about the families, and some of the particular instruments, and then listened to different examples.

While discussing woodwinds, I asked the students to listen to the differences in pitch that vary between instruments. I also asked them to close their eyes, and tried to imagine what they were hearing.

After we had listened to a snippet of Tchiakovsky's Symphony 4 which showcases the piccolo, I asked the question "What did this make you think of/what were you picturing in your mind?"

So I drew a name at random to get an answer. Well this little boy kind of slumps down in his chair hating the fact that he had been called on, but finally answers by saying:


"I'm sorry Miss Ward...but all I could think of was PICKLES!"

Ya. Should have seen that one coming! I mean personally when I hear the piccolo, I imagine elves or fairies dancing through a forest, but whatever. Pickles work too.

No comments:

Post a Comment